Monday, August 28, 2017

The end. For now.

Hi All,
All good things must come to an end and so it is with our latest adventure. Boy have we had fun and many amazing experiences!

After the eclipse there was really only one more significant stop, to see my cousin Christy and her husband Greg in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln is where all 4 of my grandparents lived, my parents met, and where my brother and I were born.

In Lincoln we drove by both my grandparent's houses and had brunch with Christy and Greg. That was Friday.

There weren't this many stops between Dillon and Gun Barrel City but to get the route correct I had to add in a bunch of places. We overnighted in Rock Springs, Wyoming, Sterling, Colorado, Lincoln, Nebraska and Copan Lake State Recreation Area in Oklahoma
My cousin Christy and I

After brunch we drove through Kansas and stayed our last night on the road in Copan Lake State Recreation Area in Oklahoma. For our last night we were rewarded with a beautiful sunset. What a great way to end our trip.


Saturday morning we got up and drove the last leg to Gun Barrel City. We left Gun Barrel City on Sunday, May 14. We returned on Saturday, August 26. In fifteen weeks we traveled 16,725 miles, the truck's engine ran 330 hours and 58 minutes. One thing we wished we had kept count of, but didn't, was how many times we said "wow". We said it a lot. It was a great trip.

Just before we left in May we bought 40 acres of land (85% wooded) in East Texas. On the land is a house built in 1930. It either needs a) a lot of work or b) to be bulldozed down. Either way, this is our next adventure and it started today. I don't see there being sufficient interest to justify a blog so this is probably the last entry. I hope all who have followed along on the boat and / or the land travel have enjoyed it.

Take care and good night.
Brian and Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment