Monday, May 2, 2016

National Navy UDT - SEAL Museum

Hi All,
As I said in my last post, we went to the National Navy UDT - SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce. Fort Pierce is where the first "frogmen" trained during WWII. A lot of interesting things both inside and outside the museum.

If you saw the movie Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, you know the story of the Maersk Alabama. The actual life boat from the Maersk Alabama, the real one not the one used in the movie, is in the museum. Complete with windows shattered by the bullets from the Navy SEALs. I still find their marksmanship amazing.

Here are a few pictures I took around the building.

The front door, just to the right is a simulated SEAL obstacle course. As you enter the yard the sign above you reads "The only easy day was yesterday".



I really don't know what to say other than thank goodness they are out there protecting us.

Mural on the outside back wall of the building.

Any questions?

Brian



No comments:

Post a Comment